Welcome to Canvas!
What is Canvas?
Canvas is a learning management system (LMS) that allows teachers to provide instructional support, class calendars, assignments, and resources for students in a safe online environment. All Canvas courses are developed by Katy ISD Curriculum and are aligned to include the Texas Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
We are in the early stages of using Canvas, so please be patient. The extent of use in each class/grade level will be different. As the school year progresses, we hope you and your child will find Canvas to be a helpful tool.
How can students access Canvas?
To access Canvas on a smartphone, tablet, or computer students can visit: katyisd.instructure.com OR access via MyKaty Cloud.
What can parents view in Canvas?
Below are some of the features available to parents.
- Set your notifications
- View the dashboard
- View the course syllabus
- View prompts but not participate in discussions
- View but not submit assignments
- Preview and download files
- View the modules page
- View the calendar
- Communicate with the teacher
How will parents access Canvas?
- .The link to Canvas login is located at https://katyisd.instructure.com/login/ldap
- Your username and password are the same as your Home Access Center (HAC) account.
- If you are experiencing trouble with your HAC login or password, please contact your home campus attendance clerk.
- Parents should not use their student's login credentials.
- There is an app in Google Play and the App Store for tablets and smartphones.
Katy ISD Technology Department has created a variety of resources for parents and students on Canvas and other technology related topics.
Feel free to visit http://www.katyisd.org/dept/technology/Pages/default.aspx for up to date information on all instructional technology.
Thank you for your continued support and patience.