Katy ISD Guidelines for Displaying Approved Employee Discounts
The Katy Independent School District offers space, free of charge, for companies to display discounts and/or promotions for all Katy ISD employees. The district holds the right to revoke this opportunity to products and/or services that do not keep with the District's mission and philosophy. The Katy ISD Employee Discount program is not intended as an advertising vehicle. The district is asking that companies adhere to the following conditions:
- Businesses may have a store or physical location or an online site that can be verified as an official business.
- Offer must provide a discount or special to Katy ISD employees.
- The offer must be available to all current District employees.
- All discounts may be honored for one full school year (August-July), unless specific dates are explicitly stated in the offer. (Example, discounted show tickets for one weekend.)
- Katy ISD requests that your business only require employees to use a specific code for online items or present a current year Katy ISD ID Badge to receive any and all offers. No printouts of discounts/offers or clipped coupons will be allowed.
- Katy ISD reserves the right to refuse a posting if the offer is available to the general public.
The Katy ISD Internal & Community Relations Department, or District assigned designee, must approve all discounts and postings.
The Katy ISD Employee Discount website will be a staff only central point for collecting and presenting all discount offers to Katy ISD employees. The website will allow District employees access to the business discount offers.
The following information must be included in the application for display of the promotion and/or discount. A flyer may be submitted as a supplemental item with the posting but will not take the place of the submission form. Final decisions, approvals and/or rejections are at the sole discretion of Katy ISD. Katy ISD reserves the right to take down an offer for any reason.
- Include details of discounted prices or offers with specific directions on use including limitations or expiration dates.
- Supplemental fliers may not use the Katy ISD logo nor present a representation that we are partnering on discounts for those purposes. No use of the terminology or references to partnership, sponsor, etc.
- Flyers, advertisements or other promotional material will not be distributed through schools to students or employees.
Prohibited and Restricted Products and Services
Products and services that will not be displayed include but are not limited to:
- Alcohol, tobacco, vaping products
- Counterfeit or unauthorized Items
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Health related medical facilities: such as Emergency Rooms, Urgent Care Clinics, hospitals, general or specialty medical facilities.
- These services may only be considered if clearly stated that an employee must check with their insurance provider regarding coverage before seeking medical care or consultation.
- This does not apply to elective, cosmetic or spa procedures paid out of pocket.
- Offensive materials, sexually suggestive or adult oriented products and/or material
- Satellite and Cable TV descramblers
- Stolen property
- Weapons and knives
Katy ISD reserves the right to:
Employee Discount Display Request Form
All requests must be submitted on the Employee Discount Display Request Form.
Questions? Email them to email@example.com.
Thank you for supporting the employees of Katy ISD!