Application & Job Listings
All applicants that are interested in applying for positions will need to submit a new application through the TalentEd website.
New Applications for Posted Positions:
- It is important that the email for the application is unique to you and is not being used by another applicant or employee.
- You must apply for each specific job listing. This also applies to Katy ISD employees that are interested in a job listing.
Katy ISD Employees wishing to Transfer to a New Location:
- Be sure you are using Internet Explorer when accessing the Transfer List. If you encounter access issues with the transfer form, please contact the Help Desk for assistance by calling 281.237.4357.
- Please use the link located on the right side [Transfer Request] to access the transfer request form.
- You may not use the transfer list for Assistant Principal or Principal positions, but you may apply for these positions online.
- If you have any other questions regarding the transfer process, please contact:
- Elementary Professionals - Alice Smith - email@example.com
- Secondary Professionals – Candy Willis – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paraprofessional & Auxiliary Staff - Ana Reyes - email@example.com
Application support is now available directly through the new website and their support team.
- Click her for the Application Support website.
- Support phone number: 866.389.1245
- Please call only after first utilizing the support website
While internal applicants will be required to apply for posted positions, principals and district supervisors will use the Transfer List to ensure that an internal applicant is eligible for a transfer. In this case, the principal/district supervisor will use the transfer list as a way to identify interested applicants.
- Internal applicants will be required to complete an online application for posted job listings. On the new job listings website, you will need to click the "Internal" link that is located at the top of the page. This will allow Katy ISD employees to view postings that are just for internal applicants.
- An online application will allow internal candidates to apply online for posted positions. This process will remove the need to have internal applicants submit (email, mail, fax, etc.) a letter of interest to the campus principal or district supervisor. Resumes and letters of interest will all be uploaded into the application.
- Automated reference forms will be distributed using the internal online application once a Katy ISD employee applies for a vacant position. Katy ISD employees need three references (including one from your current supervisor).
As a result of this process, internal applicants will take the following action steps when applying for posted positions:
Internal applicants will be required to upload resumes and interest letters based upon the position for which they are applying. Once an internal application has been completed by an employee, the application can be updated for each position of interest thereafter.
Retired former employees that are rehired in Katy ISD may be subject to surcharge set by the Texas Retirement System. Surcharges apply to the employment of any retiree who:
after September 1, 2005 and
- is working in a TRS-eligible position (half-time or more)
- combining substitute work and half-time employment
**Exceptions could be made for TEA defined hard-to-fill positions**
Surcharges do not apply to retirees working:
- as a substitute as defined by TRS
- less than half-time
before September 1, 2005
Rehired retirees who signed an employment contract with Katy ISD prior to July 1, 2016 are grandfathered.