New Hire Information
* Note: Please try a different browser if you have trouble viewing the documents. A lot of the documents are best viewed using Internet Explorer.
- TalentEd checklist (new hire forms) - These will be sent to the email provided on your application. The login details will be included in the email. These must be completed prior to attending a verification of employment meeting.
- Verification of employment meeting - A Human Resource Specialist will contact you to schedule a date and time to submit paperwork to Human Resources. This meeting must be completed prior to your start date.
- Canvas training modules - These modules will be a task within your TalentEd checklist. Newly hired employees will receive a link into Canvas to view the modules from home. The sign in will be the username and password used to complete the TalentEd checklist. The courses will cover topics such as Human Resources, Professional Learning, Technology and Benefits.
- Mandatory trainings - The Professional Learning Department or your direct supervisor will provide you with details regarding the Mandatory Trainings after you have completed the Verification for Employment Meeting.
- Service Records - If you are submitting service records please click on the following link: Service Record Information
- Transcripts - Electronic transcripts must go directly from the college/university to firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic transcripts can not be forwared to Human Resources. Transcripts can be mailed to 438 FM 1463 Katy, TX 77494. Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page for more details.
- Questions - Please see our Frequently Asked Questions page for a variety of topics.
Compensation, Payroll & Risk Management
- Compensation Website
- Payroll Website
- Risk Management (Benefits) Website
- Voluntary Retirement Plans Website
- TRS Surcharge
- Retired former employees that are rehired in Katy ISD may be subject to surcharges set by the Texas Retirement System. Any TRS-retiree seeking full or part-time employment with Katy ISD must validate they have not been employed by a TRS-covered employer for 12 consecutive, calendar months. TRS-retirees that desire to work as a substitute are NOT subject to the 12-month guideline, but are subject to all TRS guidelines and any incurred surcharges.
- Surcharges apply to the employment of any retiree who:
- retired after September 1, 2005 and
- is working a TRS-eligible position (half-time or more)
- combining substitute work and half-time employment
- **Exceptions could be made for TEA defined hard-to-fill positions**
- Surcharges do not apply to retirees working:
Health Services Information
*Please return these forms to the Katy ISD Risk Management Department located in the Education Support Complex. The forms may be sent via interoffice mail from the assigned campus.